welcome to the freedomfest speaker resource center
We’re excited to have you confirmed as a speaker for FreedomFest Las Vegas at The Mirage Hotel and Casino July 13-16, 2022! If you have any questions during the onboarding process, please contact Director of Programming Matt Day.
- Prior to your arrival at FreedomFest, you will receive a FINAL DETAILS email approximately 3 weeks before the event with important arrival details.
- All presentations should be dynamic and engaging with an emphasis on teaching through story. Visual aids, including PowerPoint, should contain maximum imagery and minimal text (eg. think TED talk vs classroom lecture).
- While we encourage you to use the work you are doing to help tell a story, we advise you to refrain from overt sales pitches during any of your presentations. It’s our experience that the most popular sessions tie the session theme to the overall theme of the event.
- Breakout sessions are scheduled for 50 minutes. Please leave at least 10 minutes for questions from the audience.
- Main stage sessions vary in length. You must arrive and check in with the stage manager at least 30 mins before your session begins. Deliver any main stage presentation files on a thumb drive to the stage manager at that time.
- Main stage speakers: Feel free to email your presentation to Matt Day. Please name the file “Last Name, Session Title.”
- Breakout session speakers: We encourage you to use your own laptop for your presentation so there aren’t any compatibility issues — our AV team will plug it into the system.
For Our Panelists:
- We intend our panels to be very conversational. Our moderators are there to promote engaging conversations.
- We will connect all panelists in an email and we encourage you to discuss the panel structure and format ahead of time.
- Matt Day, Programming Director for FreedomFest, is available to do a phone conference with any speaker who needs additional information about stylistic expectations.
The FreedomFest registration counter will be in the rotunda of the Mirage Events Center. Signs and volunteers will be on hand to direct you. There will be Self-Registration and Full Registration available. Note that there is a separate check-in area for speakers and exhibitors. Check in starts Wednesday, July 13 at 9am. Be sure to arrive on site at least two hours before your session. We will be sharing additional registration instructions via email as we near the event.
We would love for you to record a short video or write a brief message about your appearance at FreedomFest, share it as a post, and tag @TheFreedomFest and #FFest22. Below are a few best practices to follow so you look and sound your best:
- Smart-phone videos are totally fine (and even preferred!)
- Shoot your video in a landscape (horizontal) orientation
- Video length: shoot for around 1 minute
- Speak clearly and try to limit background noises like dishwashers or fans
- Find your light! To make sure we can see you clearly, consider sitting near a window or table lamp.
If you would like additional promotional materials from us, please contact Hayley Aragona, Marketing Director, [email protected].
We have an active Media Row at FreedomFest and encourage our speakers to participate in interviews. We will reach out to ask if you are interested in doing interviews, and will provide that curated list to our media outlets to arrange interview opportunities directly with you.
To learn more, visit our Media Kit page.
1) All breakout sessions are equipped with a projector, screen, and microphones. Bring a laptop to display your breakout session presentation (aspect ration 16:9 for the main stages). VGA is preferred, but HDMI is also available. Cables for both will be provided.
All breakout sessions are 50 minutes long. FreedomFest has a busy agenda with many speakers. It is vital that all speakers finish on time out of respect for each other. Main stage session presentations and panels vary in length – please check the agenda for your timeslot for main stage appearances.
2) Copy your presentation to a flash drive/USB in case something happens to your computer. The AV team will have a backup computer to upload your presentation from the flash drive in case of a laptop emergency. To be safe, have a back up!
3) Main stage presentation materials should be on a flash drive/USB to hand to the stage manager at least 30 mins before your main stage session begins. Be in the green room behind the main stage at least 30 mins before your main stage presentation. Please note: we have two main stages at FreedomFest this year. Double check your schedule to ensure you go to the correct stage.
4) If you have a Mac, please bring a VGA or HDMI adapter if you can. We will have 1 or 2 as back up if needed, but if you have your own to bring, please do.
5) The basic AV set up in each breakout room includes:
a) a projector with VGA and HDMI adapters/compatibility
c) podium and table microphones
d) podium and panel table with chairs
The AV techs will be able to assist you with set-up if required.
There will be public wifi available throughout the conference meeting room space.
We encourage you to use your own laptop for your presentation so there aren’t any compatibility issues — our AV team will plug it into the system.
Contact Matt Day, Director of Programming, at [email protected] or call 855-850-3733 ext 107 to discuss your speaking engagement at FreedomFest.