FreedomFest is an incredible event for journalists. It’s here that policies, initiatives, and legislation, along with new grassroots movements, are in the making, and we make it possible for you to be a big part of that news-making moment.
Join our vibrant media row in the exhibit hall where you can interview top level speakers, politicians, celebrities, business leaders and major think tanks and organizations, as well as everyday citizens.
Read more below about how to get in on the action of making news and getting news at FreedomFest.
FreedomFest is an annual festival where free minds meet to celebrate “great books, great ideas, and great thinkers” in an open-minded society. It is independent, non-partisan, and not affiliated with any organization or think tank. FreedomFest invites the “best and the brightest” from around the world to talk, strategize, socialize, and celebrate liberty. FreedomFest is open to all and is purely egalitarian, where speakers, attendees, and exhibitors are treated as equals. The Washington Post called it “the greatest libertarian show on earth.”
FreedomFest 2021 will be July 21-24, 2021 at the Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, Rapid City, SD. The theme is “Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise.”
FreedomFest is open to anyone who enjoys a wide interest in books, art, music, film, and drama in all topics, including science, philosophy, economics, health, sports, technology, business, religion, law, and politics. FreedomFest attracts people of all walks of life and across the political spectrum to learn, debate and honor great books, great ideas, and great thinkers.
FreedomFest 2021 will have over 200 different speakers speaking in over 125 general sessions, debates, panels, lectures and other presentations.
Media Interested in Attending
Media passes for FreedomFest are available for professional, credentialed, and established media personnel. We have a very limited number of spaces on media row, which are reserved for highly active media outlets with large scale audiences, and we also issue general passes for journalists who do not need a fixed space for the duration, but still want to cover our event.
For the media pass code and instructions on registration, please email our Media Liaison at [email protected].
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FREEDOMFEST MOVES TO SOUTH DAKOTA
Rapid City, SD (Dec. 15, 2021)- FreedomFest announced today that it is moving to South Dakota, “the land of the free and the home of the brave.” Since its first official event in 2007, “the world’s largest gathering of free minds” annually met in what was considered the most libertarian city in the United States: Las Vegas, Nevada. But amid COVID-19 fears, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak imposed lockdown restrictions that cancelled FreedomFest 2020 and made it impossible for the conference to stay in Las Vegas for the foreseeable future.
Instead, FreedomFest will be held at Rushmore Plaza Civic Center, where Governor Kristi Noem warmly welcomes the liberty movement. This historic move comes at a time when the principles of this year’s theme, “Healthy, Wealthy, and Wise,” are more relevant than ever.
FreedomFest prides itself on delivering a jam-packed three and a half days of top-ranked expert speakers, Anthem Film Festival screenings, a “Tradeshow for Liberty,” best-selling authors, debates, and fun–with live music, dancing, receptions, and comedy. But this year’s move to South Dakota inspired another great change in 2021: excursions. Attendees will have the opportunity to socialize while enjoying the breathtaking sights and historic landmarks of South Dakota, such as Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse Monument, and Deadwood, just to name a few.
Featured speakers include Governor Kristi Noem, Dr. Drew Pinsky, JP Sears, John Mackey, Dave Rubin, and Nick Gillespie. Over 200 speakers will be confirmed and announced between now and June 2021. Attendees can register at www.freedomfest.com or by calling 855-850-3733 (FREE), ext. 202.
To arrange an interview with FreedomFest co-producers Mark and Jo Ann Skousen, conference director Valerie Durham, or our speakers, please contact Hayley Aragona at [email protected]
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rachel Maddow incorrectly characterizes FreedomFest as a “Conservative Evangelical” Event
Washington, DC: A recent report on the Rachel Maddow Show (MSNBC, March 12) identified FreedomFest as the source of an exchange between then-presidential candidate Donald Trump and Russian gun rights activist Maria Butina on the subject of Russian sanctions and Vladimir Putin on July 11, 2015 at Planet Hollywood. The report quoted authors Michael Isikoff and David Corn in “Russian Roulette: The Inside Story of Putin’s War on America and the Election of Donald Trump” (Twelve, March 13, 2018).
In the book, the authors incorrectly characterize FreedomFest as a “conservative evangelical” event and Ms Maddow perpetuates that error in her reporting. Neither the Rachel Maddow show nor the “Russian Roulette” authors reached out to FreedomFest for comment before broadcast or publication.
FreedomFest is a big-tent, non-partisan, libertarian conference, billed as “the world’s largest gathering of free minds” that has been taking place in Las Vegas since 2007. The FreedomFest mission is to explore issues of freedom and liberty as related to politics, economics, finances, health and healthcare, art, technology, education and other important social topics as an open forum. As such, FreedomFest is known as a place where news is made, and many media outlets cover FreedomFest and its famous mock trial, debates, panels and keynote speakers.
At the 2015 conference, newly declared presidential candidate Donald Trump agreed to speak at FreedomFest less than one week before the start of the event, and the conference organizers changed the schedule to create a slot for him on the main stage on Saturday, July 11. The organizers insisted the speech include an open, unscripted question-and-answer period with the audience. No questions were submitted to Donald Trump, his campaign or FreedomFest staff ahead of time. Other than allowing Mexican businessman Roberto Salinas to ask the first question, the question-and-answer period was completely open to anyone in the audience who wished to ask a question.
Maria Butina was registered as an attendee at FreedomFest before Donald Trump was part of the agenda. She asked Mr Trump a series of questions about Russia during the open question-and-answer period at the end of his speech.
FreedomFest 2018 “Where Is the Voice of Reason?” will take place July 11 – 14, 2018 at the Paris Resort in Las Vegas. For more information, please contact Valerie Durham, Conference Director, 855-850-3733 ext 101, [email protected] or visit 2018.freedomfest.com.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NEWSMAX REVEALS TOP 100 MOST INFLUENTIAL LIBERTARIANS
Las Vegas, Nev. (June 1, 2017) — Today Newsmax magazine, in conjunction with FreedomFest, unveiled its first “Top 100 Most Influential Libertarians” list.
To see the list, go to http://nws.mx/2rtCNvr
Ron Paul, the former congressman and presidential candidate, came in at the top spot.
The list of favorite libertarians in politics, academia, entertainment, finance and more was determined by Newsmax and a survey conducted in March by FreedomFest. Over 10,000 people responded to the Newsmax/FreedomFest Survey, making for a thrilling race with different names overtaking the pack throughout the month.
Newsmax and FreedomFest reviewed the results and selected their list of Top 100 Most Influential Libertarians with an assessment of their influence.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Historic Photograph of Top Libertarians at This Year’s FreedomFest
FreedomFest is pleased to announce that it will be taking a photograph of the most influential libertarians at 5:00 pm PT on Friday, July 21, at the Paris Resort in Las Vegas, as part of its 10th anniversary celebration (July 19-22).
All top 100 libertarians on the list are being sent special invitations, and many have already confirmed they will be there for this landmark event. They include John Stossel, Lisa Kennedy, Steve Forbes, Nick Gillespie, David Boaz, Dan Mitchell, Jennifer Grossman, Matt and Terry Kibbe, Jeff Tucker, Doug Casey, Mark and Jo Ann Skousen, among many others.
FreedomFest is known as “the world’s largest gathering of free minds.” The annual libertarian conference takes place July 19-22, 2017, at the Paris Las Vegas Resort, in Las Vegas, NV, and is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year. The official theme is “Exploring New Frontiers” and features a keynote address by William Shatner. For more information: 2018.freedomfest.com
Contact: Valerie Durham, Conference Director, FreedomFest, 1-855-850-3733 ext 101, or email [email protected]
Dr Drew Pinsky
Gov Kristi Noem
Dr. Jo Jorgensen
Ayaan Hirsi Ali
Sen Cynthia Lummis
FreedomFest 2021 Theme Header:
FreedomFest Logo Generic:
FreedomFest Logo 2021:
FreedomFest Logo Stacked:
FreedomFest Moving from Las Vegas to Rapid City for 2021 Conference, Rapid City Journal, January 16, 2021
Las Vegas Based Convention FreedomFest Coming to Rapid City, KOTA-TV, January 16, 2021
“Jack London: Socialist or Rugged Individualist?” with Mark Skousen, Book TV on C-SPAN2, July 29, 2019
Dave Sussman of Whiskey Politics Interview, Underscored, July 29, 2019
Thoughts on FreedomFest 2019, The Hayride, July 28, 2019
“The Meaning of Is” with Rep. Bob Barr, Book TV on C-SPAN2, July 28, 2019
“Mars and the Future of Space” with Ed Hudgins, Book TV on C-SPAN2, July 28, 2019
“Gun Control Myths” with John Lott, Book TV on C-SPAN2, July 27, 2019
FreedomFest and Vegas in a RV in July, RV Across America, July 27, 2019
Live from FreedomFest with Jim Woods, Unlock Your Wealth Today, July 26, 2019
FreedomFest 2019, Position to Win, July 25, 2019
Matt Kibbe on cable news, podcasting and why dogs are kinda communist, Underscored, July 20, 2019
RJ Cartoonist at FreedomFest Says 1 Goal is to Draw Blood, Las Vegas Review Journal, July 18, 2019
What I Learned from Steve Forbes, Stock Investor, July 18, 2019
Las Vegas on Wednesday, Patheos, July 17, 2019
Tellerian Wisdom, Way of the Renaissance Man, July 17, 2019
On FreedomFest, Blexit and Jexit, Las Vegas Review Journal, July 13, 2019
Will Amash Court Donors for a Presidential Run at FreedomFest?, The Libertarian Republic, July 13, 2019
FreedomFest 13 : The Best One Yet!, Financial Survival Network, July 13, 2019
FreedomFest and Quarterly Stock Market Update Featuring Renaissance Man Jim Woods, Unlock Your Wealth Today, July 12, 2019
Mark Skousen Interview (in hour two), Declare Your Independence with Ernest Hancock, July 10, 2019
Cowboys, and Vampires, and Laughs, Oh My!, BlogCritics, July 8, 2019
Mark Skousen Interview (1:44:25), The Glenn Beck Show, June 27, 2019
Newsletters Give Readers What They Want, Unfortunately, The Power and Market Report, June 20, 2019
The Inspiring “Tank Man” (Interview with Director Robert Anthony Peters), The Power and Market Report, June 19, 2019
Three Events That Could Derail our 10-Year Bull Market, Wall Street Unplugged, June 5, 2019
Mark Skousen Discusses FreedomFest, Free Talk Live, March 24, 2019
Mark Skousen Interview, Rogue Money Radio, July 7, 2018
Come to FreedomFest Featuring the Reason Media Awards, Reason Blog, July 5, 2018
Anthem Libertarian Film Festival’s Jo Ann Skousen on Film and the Voice of Reason, *Blogcritics, July 3, 2018
John O’Donnell interviews Mark Skousen, Power Trading Radio, June 29, 2018
Where is the Voice of Reason (interview with Mark Skousen), Financial Survival Network, June 25, 2018
Cryptocurrency Speakers, Debates & Growing Interest Among Attendees, BitCoin.com News, June 16, 2018.
Wall Street Raw interview with Mark Skousen, May 12, 2018
Wall Street Raw interview with Mark Skousen, April 21, 2018
CNN Reports on FreedomFest 2017, Circa, July 24, 2017
Legendary Investor Jim Rogers Talks Money, Education and Happiness, Circa, August 29, 2017
Congressman Thomas Massie’s Twitter Account is #Sassy, Circa, August 22, 2017
Rep. Thomas Massie Dishes on Education, Guns and Healthcare, Circa, August 6, 2017
Steve Forbes Talks Education, Politics, and the Economy, Circa, July 31, 2017
Dinesh D’Souza and The Big Lie, Whiskey Politics, July 28, 2017
FreedomFest Shows the Liberty Movement is Alive and Well, The Daily Signal, July 27, 2017
Crony Capitalism Against the Real Thing, The Washington Times, July 25, 2017
President Jedlicka of Liberland Discusses Political and Economic Vision, PanAm Post, July 24, 2017
James O’Keefe, Founder of Project Veritas: Something Big’s Coming, Whiskey Politics, July 24, 2017
Libertarians meet, talk Trump at ‘FreedomFest’, CNNpolitics, July 23, 2017
Steve Forbes Warns Washington DC, Whiskey Politics, July 23, 2017
20 Broadcasts from FreedomFest, SHR Media, July 19-22, 2017
Michael Cobb Discusses the Future of Central American Real Estate, PamAm Post, July 22, 2017
Coverage of FreedomFest by ChineseFN, with Jim Rogers, Stephen Moore [in Chinese and English], July 21, 2017
Helen Raleigh Critiques Trump’s Immigration Policy, PamAm Post, July 21, 2017
Trump has a Unique Opportunity to Include Some of the Dem Base, The Daily Caller, July 21, 2017
Libertarian Party at FreedomFest, July 20, 2017
Ayn Rand and Bitcoin: An Exclusive Interview with Jennifer Grossman, Atlas Society CEO, BTCManager, July 18, 2017
Are Free Markets Good for the Arts? with FreedomFest Panelist & Concert Pianist Hyperion Knight, Whiskey Politics, July 5, 2017
Debating Liberty in the Age of Trump, The John Batchelor Show (FreedomFest Producer Mark Skousen interview), June 15, 2017
Jumping aboard “The Free Enterprise” at FreedomFest 2017 with Dave Sussman and Mark Skousen, Whiskey Politics, June 12, 2017
Joe Thomas Interviews Mark Skousen, “Joe Thomas In-The-Morning” WCHV Radio, June 1, 2017
2016 FreedomFest Straw Poll, Election Science, July 20, 2016
STEVE FORBES: This Election Trump will Lose, CNBC, June 27, 2016
Why FreedomFest?, Warren’s Space, June 7, 2016
Big Business Shuns Freedom Fest, Except for Whole Foods CEO, Newsmax, July 11, 2016
Improving polls might get Libertarian Presidential Gary Johnson on the debates, Review Journal, July 15, 2016
A PLAYBOY CONVERSATION WITH GARY JOHNSON ABOUT THE POLITICS OF SPINELESSNESS, Playboy, July 20, 2015
ANTHEM FILM FEST: TOP 10 LIBERTARIAN FILMS ROCK WITH JENNIFER LAWRENCE, SCARLETT JOHANSSON AND NATALIE PORTMAN, Blogcritics, July 18, 2015
WHAT IS TRUMPISM? PERSONAL AMBITION AND POLITICAL CONTROL, Foundation for Economic Freedom, July 17, 2015
ANTHEM FILM FEST: COUNTY CHARGES FARMER $15,000 FOR HOSTING A BIRTHDAY PARTY, Blogcritics, July 16, 2015
LIBERTY WORKS EVERYWHERE, Business Day Live, July 15, 2015
MY DEBATE WITH PAUL KRUGMAN, Investor’s Business Daily, July 15, 2015
WATCH THIS MEXICAN ECONOMIST COMPLETELY SCHOOL DONALD TRUMP, Latina, July 15, 2015
DONALD TRUMP ROCKS VEGAS CROWD, Huffington Post, July 15, 2015
BEHIND THE SCENES OF STOSSEL’S FREEDOMFEST VEGAS SHOW, FOX Business, July 15, 2015
ARE LIBERTARIANS CRAZY CULTISTS WHO SHOULD BE DROWNED? PLAYBOY INVESTIGATES, Playboy, July 14, 2015
ANTHEM FILM FEST: PUTTING PEOPLE BACK TOGETHER, Blogcritics, July 14, 2015
TRUMPISM: THE IDEOLOGY, Liberty.me, July 14, 2015
ANTHEM FILM FEST: HELP ME, OBI PENN JILLETTE – YOU’RE MY ONLY HOPE, Blogcritics, July 13, 2015
DONALD TRUMP AT FREEDOMFEST IN LAS VEGAS, PART II, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 13, 2015
IN LAS VEGAS, DISCUSSING WHY GERMANY TOOK SOCIAL DARWINISM ALL THE WAY, Evolution News, July 13, 2015
DONALD TRUMP’S ‘COMPETENCE’ RHETORIC RESONATES WITH LIBERTARIAN-FRIENDLY CROWD, Washington Times, July 12, 2015
TRUMP USES FREEDOMFEST SPEECH TO ARGUE AGAINST FREEDOM, National Monitor, July 12, 2015
TRUMP IN VEGAS, PHOENIX: ILLEGALS ‘WREAKING HAVOC ON OUR POPULATION, NewsMax, July 12, 2015
DONALD TRUMP AT FREEDOMFEST IN LAS VEGAS, PART I, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 12, 2015
FORMER PAYPAL CEO PETER THIEL: PAYPAL WOULD ALLOW FIREARMS TRANSACTIONS IF I WAS STILL THERE, The Daily Caller, July 11, 2015
DONALD TRUMP: DON’T WORRY, WE’LL TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK, NBC News, July 11, 2015
ECONOMIC FIGHT CLUB, PART 2 AT FREEDOMFEST: PETER THIEL V. JOHN MACKEY ON MONOPOLIES, COMPETITION, PJ Media, July 11, 2015
ELECTION 2016 LIVE THREAD: DONALD TRUMP, FREEDOMFEST EDITION, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 11, 2015
TRUMP TELLS LAS VEGAS CROWD HE’S BEHOLDEN TO NO ONE, Las Vegas Review-Journal, July 11, 2015
WHOLE FOODS CEO JOHN MACKEY: MICROSOFT WAS ‘BETTER OFF WHEN BILL GATES’ WAS IN CHARGE, The Daily Caller, July 11, 2015
TRUMP CRITICIZES BORDER POLICY AS WELL AS TRADE AGENDA, Beaumont Enterprise (TX), July 11, 2015
DONALD TRUMP TALK IMMIGRATION, US TRADE POLICY IN PAIR OF SATURDAY SPEECHES, The Times Picayune (LA), July 11, 2015
REASON’S GILLESPIE, WELCH TALK ABOUT HOW TO GO FROM LIBERTARIAN MOMENT TO LIBERTARIAN ERA, PJ Media, July 11, 2015
TRUMP CRITICIZES BORDER POLICY AS WELL AS TRADE AGENDA, Miami Herald, July 11, 2015
RUBIO REVISITS CHILDHOOD IN VEGAS, CALLS PUTIN A CRIMINAL, Associated Press via ABC News, July 11, 2015
MARCO RUBIO TALKS ABOUT HIGHER EDUCATION AT #FREEDOMFEST, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 11, 2015
FREEDOMFEST LIVE FROM LAS VEGAS, Liberty.me, July 10, 2015
GOP PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE HOPEFUL MARCO RUBIO SHARES PERSONAL ODYSSEY AT FREEDOMFEST, Las Vegas Review-Journal, July 10, 2015
ELECTION 2016 LIVE THREAD: MARCO RUBIO, FREEDOMFEST EDITION, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 10, 2015
ELECTION 2016 LIVE THREAD: T-486 DAYS, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 10, 2015
ENERGY FOR TRUMP EXPLOSIVE IN LAS VEGAS AT FREEDOMFEST, Breitbart, July 10, 2015
A FEW THOUGHTS ON MARCO RUBIO AFTER HEARING HIM SPEAK, Playboy, July 10, 2015
THE ENDURING ANGLO AMERICAN RELATIONSHIP? FREEDOMFEST GETS INTERNATIONAL, Breitbart, July 10, 2015
THE INCONCEIVABLE SUCCESS OF OBAMACARE, New York Times, July 10, 2015
DONALD TRUMP’S IMMIGRATION RANTS MAY COST GOP A SHOT AT THE WHITE HOUSE, RIVAL SEN LINDSEY GRAHAM SAYS, New York Daily News, July 10, 2015
MOORE VS KRUGMAN THROW DOWN AT FREEDOMFEST, Breitbart, July 10, 2015
CHINESE INVESTORS.COM APPEARING AT FREEDOMFEST CONFERENCE IN LAS VEGAS, Baystreet, July 10, 2015
ELECTION 2016 LIVE THREAD at FREEDOMFEST, Let’s Talk Nevada, July 9, 2015
WHOLE FOODS CEO: ECONOMIC FREEDOM HAS LIFTED HUMANITY OUT OF THE DIRT, PJ Media, July 9, 2015
FREEDOMFEST: SHRINK GOVERNMENT, GROW OPPORTUNITY, Las Vegas Review-Journal, July 9. 2015
RACE FOR WHITE HOUSE COMES TO LAS VEGAS, KSNV News 3LV, July 9, 2015
SHOWDOWN ON THE LAS VEGAS STRIP: DONALD TRUMP VS MARCO RUBIO AT PLANET HOLLYWOOD, Breitbart, July 9, 2015
KRUGMAN, MOORE MEET FOR ‘ECONOMIC FIGHT CLUB’ AT FREEDOMFEST, PJ Media, July 9, 2015
EXCLUSIVE – MOORE: KRUGMAN WILL DEFEND OBAMANOMICS WHICH IS BASED ON SOCIALISM, Breitbart, July 9, 2015
DOES DONALD TRUMP BELONG AT FREEDOMFEST?, Reason.com, July 7, 2015
FREEDOMFEST IS THE HOTTEST GAME IN VEGAS, PJ Media, July 7, 2015
RUBIO, TRUMP TO SPEAK AT LIBERTARIAN CONFERENCE IN LAS VEGAS, KNPR, July 7, 2015
RUBIO & TRUMP TO SPEAK IN VEGAS THIS WEEK, KTVN, July 6, 2015
TRUMP TO SPEAK AT FREEDOMFEST IN VEGAS SATURDAY, Las Vegas Review-Journal, July 6, 2015
INTERVIEW: JO ANN SKOUSEN, ANTHEM FILM FESTIVAL FOUNDER, Blogcritics, June 27, 2015
FREEDOMFEST: BECK, FORBES, STOSSEL, FARAH: Great Debates, discussion at ‘greatest libertarian show on Earth,’ World News Daily, May 3, 2015
SEE HOW AMERICAN DREAM LIVES AT FREEDOMFEST, Orange County Register, March 8, 2015
- Old friends Penn Jillette and Glenn Beck looked forward to sharing the stage together in what became the Penn and Glenn show. Sheriff Mark Skousen (the theme that year was The Wild West) tried to moderate the discussion but he was no match for those two mavericks. Glenn began to complain that he couldn’t get comfortable in his chair and after about five minutes he got up and walked to the edge of the stage, where he promptly sat down and started swinging his legs. Penn came too, and the audience roared their approval. Not to be left out, Sheriff Skousen moseyed on over to the precipice as well. What followed was a rollicking free-for-all of bantering, bickering, and philosophizing. It was one of those great FreedomFest moments that can’t be scripted. 
- Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary and Whole Foods Market CEO John Mackey debated on the purpose of business–O’Leary insisted that the purpose of business is profit, pure and simple, while Mackey argued that there was higher purpose of business, to improve people’s lives. 
- Kevin “Hercules” Sorbo was a keynote speaker at the Anthem Film Festival, introducing his film “Miracle in East Texas,” which won the Anthem award for Best Narrative feature. He and his wife Sam also helmed the Master Class at the Anthem Filmmakers Reception, talking about their careers in Hollywood and offering advice for giving a strong “pitch.” 
- With “The Voice of Reason” as its theme, FreedomFest celebrated the 50th anniversary of Reason Magazine and Reason Foundation at its Saturday night banquet. 
- Judge Andrew Napolitano gave a keynote address: “What If You Lived in a Country Where the Constitution Meant Nothing?” 
- Yeonmi Park, North Korean defector and author of the book “In Order to Live: A North Korean Girl’s Journey to Freedom” was a keynote speaker. Another keynote speaker was Senator Mike Lee. 
- Scandal hit the jury box when FreedomFest put the Public School System on trial. Although the plaintiffs garnered twice as many votes in an 8-4 decision, the jury foreman decided it would be more equitable if the debate ended in a tie, so he announced a hung jury. It wasn’t until the next day that the truth came out and a retraction had to be printed. FreedomFest vowed to poll the jury going forward! 
- FreedomFest celebrated its 10th anniversary with William Shatner and Greg Gutfield as keynote speakers, with 2,200 attendees. Mark Skousen prepared carefully for his interview with William Shatner, scouring Wikipedia for details of Shatner’s career that he could ask Shatner to foment on. Shatner called him out on the Wiki research, and soon the two relaxed into a genuine conversation that culminated in Skousen commenting on Shatner’s spry health and then challenging Shatner to a standing arm wrestler. Shatner, 15 years Skousen’s senior, handily threw the host off balance and won the challenge. 
- Larry Elder defended the police and wins by a surprising margin, 10-2, when FreedomFest puts the “Police On Trial.” 
- Mark Skousen appeared as Benjamin Franklin and Jennifer Grossman appeared as Ayn Rand. 
- John Stossel gave a keynote address on “Confrontation: My Run-ins with Donald Trump, Ted Turner, and Other Celebrities.” 
- Steve Forbes and Bill Baldwin presented a session on “100 Years of Forbes.” 
- Special photo of the top 100 libertarians and celebration of Steve Forbes’ 70th birthday at the Saturday night banquet. 
- New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman and chief economic analyst for the Heritage Foundation Steven Moore debated “What’s the Best Policy to Restore the American Dream?” [Thursday, July 9, 2015, 10:30am MT]
- Author and film maker Dinesh D’Souza‘s first public talk since spending eight months in a “Community Confinement Center” in San Diego for violating federal campaign election rules. [Friday, July 10, 2015, 12:30pm MT]
- In 2015 we put “The Federal Reserve on Trial” for its inflationary bailout of a highly leveraged and defective banking system. [Friday, July 10, 2015, 5:20pm MT]
- Now in its fifth year, the Anthem Film Festival seeks the best stories and documentaries about individuals who choose their own paths and make things happen for themselves. The 2015 films explored new concepts of the American Dream, while also warning of threats to personal liberty. More at AnthemFilmFestival.com [runs concurrently with FreedomFest]
- Glenn Beck shared insights from his new book, “Conform: Exposing the Truth about Common Core and Public Education.” [Friday, July 10, 2015, 6:30pm MT]
- John Stossel did an in-depth show on the subject of the “American Dream” during a live taping [Thursday, July 9, 2015, 7:00pm MT]
- North Korean defector Yeonmi Park shared her inspiring story of how she came to realize the repressive nature of the North Korean government and how she managed to escape the most oppressive regime in the world. [Saturday, July 11, 2015, 12:30pm MT]
- Donald Trump faced a libertarian crowd including Roberto Salinas of Mexico when he addressed the FreedomFest crowd at SRO capacity.